Our affiliated company, Poseidon Maritime Services have an opening for an experienced Electrical Superintendent. Position is based in Macae, Brazil. Electrical Superintendent will be responsible for all electrical, automation and control systems of a DP2 accommodation vessel under charter for Brazilian state owned oil company. The position is offered on permanent basis international contract. The role is office-based and will also require frequent visits offshore, onboard of the vessel.
Reports to: Technical Superintendent
Experience: Relevant experiences in Marine & Offshore industry.
Liaise with: Company management, crew, Engineers, Suppliers and /or Third Party Companies when required.
- Responsible for the Electrical aspects of vessels while working in close cooperation with the technical team in Singapore.
- Provide technical support to the crew on board and liaise with system suppliers and service providers
- Lead a team of crew/contractors/technicians/workers in diagnosis, maintenance and installation works on board vessel
- Approves and verifies the technical details of ship requests for spares, service and consumable within area of responsibilities, issuing shore side requests of materials and services if needed
- To constantly follow up on procurement and delivery of critical spares, regularly update the crew on the same
- Evaluate electrical technical/ engineering requirements of the repairs/upgrading/servicing work
- Liaise with contractors, Class and owners on technical issues
- Resolve issues on-site
- Conduct risk assessment of projects and operations on-site
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and work productivity
- Co-operates with Ship’s Manager, Safety Environmental and QA Group during review of new Safety Regulations that might require modification and the preparation of plans for modification/updates to be implemented
- Previous working experience as an electrical superintendent is a perquisite for this position
- Minimum of 10 years working experience with electrical propulsion and DP vessel knowledge
- The candidate must have formal electrical / automation educating from a known education institute.
- Previous working experience in Brazil and ability to speak Portuguese is a clear benefit.
The vacancy is available immediately subject to approval of applicable work visas and passing offshore medical examination in Brazil.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contact form below.